Jul 26, 2011

The Kid Cudi Experience

It was all just a week ago... I, Justnorman, after years and years of admiration and the occasional laps of momentary astonishment, was finally given the opportunity to bask in the greatness of what is know as The Kid Cudi Experience. Now if anyone is familiar with me, and my taste in music (as by now I'm sure you are), you'll understand that my ears, along with the rest of my auditory system, have very quaint and particular desires in what they like to hear on a regular basis. At times I can come off as a bit pretentious and overly high brow, but if I may say, my itunes collection does however possess the occasional left fielder (Waka Flocka, Gucci Mane, Based God, need I go on?). While what I just stated has almost nothing to do with the topic at hand, my point is that I love music, and if I was unfortunately chosen to choose one man as the #1 rager of all time, Mr. Rager himself would without a doubt be the only man on that list.

The event took place on July 19th, Houston Texas, Reliant Arena. The previous 24 hours were fairly intense for me considering my inability to sleep, eat and control my sweat glands. Luckily enough I was able to arrive at the venue in one piece, "solo dolo" as usual. I was incredibly excited, and as if things couldn't get any better, I was graced with the presence of a lady friend I knew from way back, and as it turns out she was alone as well (swag). We waited in line in anticipation of what was to come, and soon enough there we were, moments away from witnessing one of the greatest shows I was ever to see in my twenty years of existence. 

The experience opens up with a Chip tha Ripper set, who I am unfortunately somewhat unfamiliar with, but just enough so that I was able to swag out like it was nobody's business. After an hour or so it was time, time for him, time for him to grace us with his presence, grace us with his greatness. Is it...is that...yes inner female teenager, that, is Kid Cudi. For the next hour and a half or so, the crowd and I raged like there was no such thing as tomorrow. I mean how could you not? Chip was there, Cudi was there and even Cage made an appearance (epic). I don't mean to come off as cliche and star struck, but there were a few moments where I actually thought I was about to cry, it got that real. It's weird how you can feel so connected with someone you've never met before, but I guess that was the whole point right? 

The girl I was with actually ended up blacking out for just a second, so I might of missed a song or two taking care of the lady, but that's neither here nor there. Despite the three previous paragraphs crafted before this, words can't explain how great of a time I had that night, and even though I have absolutely no high def photographs to show for it (box office LIED and told me cameras weren't allowed) I had an insane time, and if luck strikes me right, I'll never be able to forget it. Rage on Mr. Rager... Rage on.
If my review wasn't able to satisfy your cravings, make sure to peep the homie TRENTTRIZZY's Cud Life tour review over at theINlink.

-JSTNRMN

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you ART !!!!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete