Nov 18, 2010

Remix Remix Four

Sleigh Bells, one duo that I officially have to see live before I kick the can. The moment I listened to their obnoxiously loud noise pop records, I knew from that very moment that this band was going to be one that I would be VERY interested in. If I was forced to put their sound into words I would probably go ahead and describe it as a mixture of hip hop drums and bass, hardcore guitar riffs, all smashed together with the voice of a high pitched 80's pop group singer. WHAT A TERRIFIC COMBINATION. I've had the album sitting on my ear drums for just over a half a year now, and even still, whenever it's time to get hyped up, Sleigh Bells is my go to album. 

My neighbors next door decided that they want to be in the running for America's next rap star, so they figured that the only way they can make it is to make mixtapes all day. Now when I'm trying to get a study sesh in, the yelling can can get quit annoying so if you too have similar problems, plug up your ipod dock, direct it towards the mutual wall, and blast The Bells till your hearts content. Why the south is still continuing to produce rappers, the world will never know.
http://speedofsoundpgh.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/sleighbells2.jpghttp://thepigeonpost.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/sleighbellssb1.jpghttp://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/Gallery_Images/2010/8/6/1281109387283/Sleigh-Bells-006.jpg
http://www.aubreyedwards.com/postmedium/uploads/fullsized/sleigh_bells.jpg
Their latest album is entitled Treats. #GETIT

Sleigh Bells - Tell Em'

Kingdom Remix


OH DID YOU THINK I FORGOT ABOUT KID CUDI? OH NO, I'M HIS BIGGEST FAN. YOU JUST HOLD ON A MOMENT, I'VE GOT THAT ALBUM REVIEW COMING REAL SOON. I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M EXCITED. PLEASE EXCUSE THE ENTHUSIASM.
http://www.thehoodtimes.com/files/images/Kid%20Cudi%20retiring%20to%20act.jpg

5 comments:

  1. dude. do you have a tumblr? I forgot to tell you I tumble now. We have to for art class. Also, I quit facebook indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana no, the purpose of facebook is so that I can stalk all the kids that I never get to see. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE.
    and no, to me picking a blog site is like choosing a gang. you're either bloods or crips, no in between. what's your link though, I'll spot it in my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm starting to miss facebook. I wonder how long it'll be till I break down, and just activate it again.
    Tumblr is pretty cool. I don't write as much, but it's kind of like fb in terms of having a feed with lots of shit getting uploaded all the time.
    http://tossr.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. just activate it, you know I need you there. yeah I dig but you know tumblr and blogspot got beef. I dont know how much longer we can be friends D.

    I'll visit you in secret though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, sleigh bells is the shit. i discovered them 2 weekends ago and after hearing crown on the ground, tell em' and kids, i bought their cd!

    ReplyDelete